Subtle changes in your hearing can be hard to detect because of how slowly hearing loss usually advances. Although children are frequently tested, most adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing test like they would their vision. You wouldn’t ignore a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you keep an eye on your hearing health?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing examined on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be revealed by day-to-day situations. Do you frequently need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a difficult time hearing in noisy settings? Are you frequently turning up the volume on your TV? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you said yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association advises hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more important to call us for an appointment if hearing impairment runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will provide a frame of reference for further comparison to monitor changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing exams can identify issues early on, like earwax buildup or noise-related hearing loss, allowing for prompt intervention and preventing further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can in some cases signal inherent medical disorders such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Addressing these conditions may improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have extensive consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can substantially improve your hearing and general quality of life, permitting you to fully take part in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Protect your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing test with us today.